Scopedog Assault Rover

Been a really long time since I posted anything but thought I’d share the latest project I’m working on. Now I thought I was being original with running the wraith cage backwards until I saw this http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/axial…raith-rat.html. I decided to keep working on it as I wanted something different.

The hard part was going to be keeping the interior in it due to the motor and trans being flipped. I finally wound up cutting the stock interior up and adding on to what was left. This was my first time using styrene and plastic weld.

31679434510 516033c236 c Scopedog Assault Rover

31679422770 2f24a9889e c Scopedog Assault Rover

The other hard thing was where I wanted to put the battery. I wanted to keep the weight towards the front, I could have used the stock location between the shock towers but that is where the driver was going to go, it’s a 3 seater. This is were I came up with to put the battery.

32054308665 9be1942844 c Scopedog Assault Rover

I made a metal cross brace between the shock towers to strap the battery to and then a cockpit for the driver.
31679395390 c1dd340322 c Scopedog Assault Rover

I’ll post up more pics later. Thanks for looking.

VRC 468x90 Scopedog Assault Rover

Leave a Reply